Immersive Technologies and Learning
Immersive Technologies, such as Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), head-mounted displays, haptic devices, etc., give people a sense of “Being There”. They are used every day as standalone applications in areas such as computer games or telepresence video conferences among others. A particular use of these technologies is in educational settings, where they can enhance learning experiences, foster participation, collaboration, creativity and engagement; creating huge opportunities for integration and research.
|This special session, organised in partnership with the Immersive Learning Research Network (iLRN), aims at gathering not only leading researchers, but also young researchers as well as practitioners and developers in this field who research applications of Immersive Technologies in learning.|
Researchers are hereby invited to submit a full paper (5-6 pages) detailing their research or a short paper (max 4 pages), which describes their work-in-progress. All submitted papers will be subject to peer reviewing by at least two reviewers for technical merit, significance and relevance to the topics. Further information is available here.
Submission implies the willingness of at least one author per paper to register, attend the conference and present the paper. Papers submitted to this special session are eligible to be awarded with a CEEC Best Paper Award on the Special Session on Immersive Technologies and Learning. Proceedings will be published on IEEE Xplore.
Authors of selected articles will be invited to submit an extended version to the journal Transactions on Future Intelligent Educational Environments TOFIEE (http://eai.eu/transaction/future-intelligent-educational-environments).
This special session welcomes submissions on (but not limited to) the following topics:
- Immersive Technologies, Systems and Devices
- Immersive Environments
- Virtual Worlds and Web3D
- Augmented and Virtual Reality
- Interactive Intelligent Environments
- Educational simulations
- Immersive Data Visualizations
- Multidimensional spaces
- Wearable computers
- Educational Software/Hardware
- Context-aware Computing in Virtual/Real Spaces
- Internet-of-Things and Smart Objects in Multidimensional Spaces
- Mixed-Reality in Education
- Intelligent Agents in Learning
- Intelligent Classrooms
- Virtual Laboratories and Tools
- Assessment and Learning Analytics in High-tech Environments
- Personalised Learning and Intelligent Tutors
- Adaptive Educational Technology Systems
- Adaptive Educational Hypermedia
- Edutainment, Serious Games & Game-Based Learning
- Comparative Studies
- Proof-of-concept and demonstration deployments
- A Glance into the Future: Innovations, Challenges and Applications
|Competition Papers submission||15th July 2015|
|Notification of acceptance|
|Camera-ready manuscript||17th August 2015|
|Registration deadline||21st August 2015|
|Conference dates||24th and 25th September 2015|
Download the Immersive Technologies and Learning Call For Papers here (PDF).