Multimedia Tools and Applications
The world of multimedia is undergoing an explosion in applications and techniques, which is fuelled by: globalization that seeks to remove language barriers inherent in text; emerging technologies: imagery on LCD flat screens of all dimensions and resolutions together with ubiquitous wireless technologies; and AI which facilitates access to petabytes of multimedia data. In other words, multimedia is critically affected by all the current global modalities and this Special Session aims to attract a selection of papers on the processing tools, on the applications, or on both tools and applications for multimedia which reflect the glow of that explosion.
Continuing challenges need to be addressed in energy conservation; maintenance of the multimedia Quality of Experience; adaptation to 5G technologies and the migration to the cloud; as well as the emergence of multimedia Big Data. “Multimedia Tools and Applications” welcomes theoretical and/or empirical papers from all areas of research in respect to both soft technologies such as compression, error control, indexing and searching of multimedia, and selective encryption; and hard technologies such as mobile multimedia networks, audio/video sensor networks, and energy conserving computing.
Researchers are hereby invited to submit a full paper (5-6 pages) detailing their research or a short paper (max 4 pages), which describes their work-in-progress. All submitted papers will be subject to peer reviewing by at least two reviewers for technical merit, significance and relevance to the topics. Further information for submission is available here. Submission implies the willingness of at least one author per paper to register, attend the conference and present the paper.
Papers submitted to this special session are eligible to be awarded with a CEEC Best Paper Award on the Special Session on Multimedia Tools and Applications.Proceedings will be published on IEEE Xplore.
Authors of selected articles will be invited to submit an extended version to a Special Issue of the Computers journal (http://www.mdpi.com/journal/computers/special_issues/ceec2015).
Because of the kaleidoscope of influences, which form and re-form their impacts upon multimedia, there are multifarious challenges/issues, some of which have been outlined above and others of which will not have been anticipated by this Session’s organiser.
This special session welcomes submissions on (but not limited to) the following topics:
- Multimedia security and forensics, e.g. selective encryption, key management, watermarking
- Multimedia signal processing, e.g. source coding (compression), channel coding (FEC), and digital rights management
- Quality-of-Experience and Quality-of-Service as well as HCI aspects
- Multimedia Big Data, e.g. compression/storage, segmentation, remote indexing and searching.
- Green multimedia e.g. power-aware communication over Internet of Things/Internet of Everything
- Multimedia Telepresence, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality
- Multimedia intensive eHealthcare and telemedicine e.g. 3D imagery, remote diagnosis
- Applications of multimedia networking, e.g. interactive gaming, video conferencing, workgroup cooperation.
- Mobile multimedia networks, e.g. reducing jitter and latency, error resilience, and concealment, scalability
- Audio- and/or video- sensor networks for environmental monitoring, crisis response, and surveillance
- Cloud networks for multimedia applications, e.g. transcoding and filtering
|Competition Papers submission||15th July 2015|
|Notification of acceptance|
|Camera-ready manuscript||17th August 2015|
|Registration deadline||21st August 2015|
|Conference dates||24th and 25th September 2015|
Download the Multimedia Tools and Applications Call For Papers here (PDF).